Saturday, October 31, 2015

Slow progress

I'm still trying to figure out my daily routine in my new city. I'm not regularly getting up early enough to hit the treadmill in the morning. I have started taking walks at work to help sharpen my brain.  Today though I spent half an hour on the treadmill.  My intention is to put in a couple weeks of 3-5 days a week to start building the routine and the stamina up, then start in on Galloway's half marathon program. I won't get all the way through it before race day, but I'll be a heck of a lot better off than if I just winged it myself and I need the structure to keep me on target.

However, I did get myself some new shoes. I have some lovely Brooks Adrenaline GTs again. I went a half-size up over the previous pair. The smaller size was marginally too short in the toebox. By comparison, these feel huge, but objectively are closer to the size they should be. We'll see if I keep my toenails after long training sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment