Sunday, January 11, 2015

Starting Out

Although I've been a regular presence at my local gym for several years, I've decided that it's time to be more focused and dedicated to my workouts.  I haven't seen the results that I've wanted, largely due to being unwilling to dramatically alter my eating habits and due to stints where I avoid the gym. It's time for this to change. 

On Sunday January 18th, I'll participate in the Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland.  Fortunately the pacing will allow me to walk most, if not all, of the race and still earn a finisher's medal. I'm not fit enough to run most of it.  I had a bad patch in the past six months where I pretty thoroughly lost my motivation to boost my cardio fitness and only periodically made it to the gym at all. But I know I can walk my way through the whole thing, so I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment